SUGAR ART ESSENTIALS TECHNIQUES
Explore the techniques used to create themed showpieces. The course will cover advanced techniques such as casting, pulling, blowing, mould making, complimentary colour design schemes, floral arts, symmetry, presentation staging and storage.
This professional course is aimed at those looking to develop their artistic skills in a practical environment.
Prior kitchen experience is required, and sugar work experience is recommended but not essential.
Students who have studied the Diplôme de Pâtisserie at Le Cordon Bleu welcome.
• Introduction to sugar cooking
• Introduction to sugar pulling
• Production of sugar flowers
• Production of sugar ribbons/ rubans
• Storage and use of drying agent
• Introduction to sugar casting, poured sugar and silicone mould usage
• Assembly techniques, eye line and balance, practicality and layout
• Final centrepiece assembly using the items previously produced
• Storage and display techniques
3 consecutive days • 9 hours a day including breaks
Teaching method: Practical class, workshops
All necessary equipment and an apron will be provided, however you will need to provide a chefs jacket, trousers and safety shoes to wear during classes.