Competition theme - Around the World in 80 Cakes
Open to all (including amateurs & professionals)
- Originality and creativity of design
- Overall visual impact
- Skills and execution of technique
- Interpretation of the theme
Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions are known as the 'Rules'. Words used in the description of the Competition (the Competition Description) shall have the same meaning when used here. In the event of any conflict between the Competition Description and the Rules, the Rules shall prevail
- The Rules apply to the Cake & Bake Show Official Competition and by entering the Competition; you agree to be bound by the Rules
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your Entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. The Cake & Bake Show reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is open to all wherever you are resident
- The Competition is open to persons aged 18 and over. You may be required to provide proof of identity at any time.
- Any person that is an employee of The Cake & Bake Show is not eligible to enter the Competition. The Cake & Bake Show reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule
- Cakes must be appropriate for the family nature of the show and must not include anything that could be deemed offensive. The Cake & Bake Show reserve the right to remove cakes from the competition
- In the event that a prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition for any reason, The Cake & Bake Show will select an alternative prize-winner in the same manner as the original prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules
The Cake & Bake Show reserve the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. You acknowledge and agree that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to The Cake & Bake Show disqualifying you.
How to enter the Competition
- Entries must be made by filling in this form as soon as possible and not later than 31st August 2018
- The entries will be given a pass that allows access to the show throughout the duration of the show plus 2 complimentary tickets to The Cake & Bake Show
- Cakes must be dropped off at the Cake & Bake Show from 5pm-7pm on Thursday 4th October
- All competition pieces must ONLY be removed between 5.00pm - 6.00pm on Sunday 8th October and strictly NOT before. The organisers reserve the right to remove or destroy any competition pieces not collected by this time
- Since entries will be judged on artistic, creative, skills or other subjective criteria, The Cake & Bake Show reserves the right to set or amend the criteria used to judge entries
- Entries will be given free entry to The Cake & Bake Show along with 2 complimentary tickets for any friends or family members. Your cake will be displayed for the duration of the event.
- Judging will take place on Friday 6th October, judges are TBC nearer the time.
- The prize ceremony will take place on Sunday 8th October at 15.30 on the Super Theatre.
- The Best in Show and 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be chosen by the Judge and the Prize will be awarded to the person who the Judge considers has submitted the best entry using the judging criteria. The Cake & Bake Show will notify the Prize winner on the day of judging
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to a Competition, the decision of The Cake & Bake Show shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by The Cake & Bake Show and/or the Judge of the Competition.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative
- The Cake & Bake Show will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the Competition being fulfilled, a winner chosen, or the Prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by the winner of the Competition. The Cake & Bake Show exclude liability to the full extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person’s entry in to the Competition or the award on non-award to them of the Prize
- The Cake & Bake Show accepts no responsibility for entries to the Competition lost due to computer, system or server error in transit
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that The Cake & Bake Show may use your competition entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose (for example, placing it on the website or on any poster, leaflet or other advertising media). You confirm that your Entry is original and that you own and have the right to license The Cake & Bake Show the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give The Cake & Bake Show your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition
- The Cake & Bake Show will use the name that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to you will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. If you are the chosen prize-winner you unconditionally agree (as a condition of accepting the Prize) to the use of your name and your photograph
- By entering the competition you are agreeing for photographs taken of your Entry at the show to be used across the Cake & Bake Show website and social media channels
You will need to bring your Cake to The Cake & Bake Show at ExCeL Royal Victoria Dock, 1 Western Gateway, London E16 1XL, from 4pm-7pm on Thursday 5th October. Please note you will receive an information pack nearer the time with a more detailed plan.
Your Cake must then stay on display at the event until 5pm on Sunday 8th October
You will be given free entry to the event for the duration of the show, and you will also receive 2 complimentary tickets to the show
Any cakes not collected between 5pm - 6pm on Sunday 8th October will be deemed as unwanted and WILL be destroyed